Monday, August 10, 2015

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn


Reading Challenge: A Mystery or Thriller
Rating: 3/5 

"I thought being home might do you some good, but...I forgot sometimes parents aren't always....good for their kids" - Gillian Flynn
 
*A review of this book can also be found on my Youtube channel under the videos tab*

When I first started reading this book I didn't know if I would finish it because it was so slow. It wasn't until I was close to half way in the book before I started getting interested.

The Story: a reporter returns back to her hometown to get facts for a story about 2 young girls who were murdered. Once there we learn the background of her life and that of a dysfunctional family and why she didn't want to return. She has this psychotic, attention hogging, controlling mother and a half sister who at 13 is older beyond her years, a bully, spoiled and an uncontrollable brat.

The storyline was weird. I was annoyed with the half sister "Amma" and how she acted throughout the entire book, the mother was one I would never wish upon anyone, the step-father did literally nothing and Camille the main character would make you at times wonder what the heck she was thinking. BUT, after everything comes together you understand why everyone is dysfunctional and not just the family but the the whole town too. While it did take s
ome time to get into the book in the end it was worth actually finishing it.

Nfinite Pages 

No comments:

Post a Comment