Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


















RATING: 5/5 
“He left me, and I took a gasping breath, not realizing I'd been holding it.”- Sarah J. Maas

*A review of this book can also be found on my Youtube channel under the videos tab*
                                     
This was my first Sarah J. Maas and I loved it. I've had the book on my shelf for a few months not really knowing what it was about. I finally picked it up and could have hit myself over my head but I didn't want to damage the book. Why did I wait so long? Seriously, why?

 This is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I know there are other books out there that retell the story but I haven't read any of them so I have nothing to compare it to. I loved the characters in this book, I'm torn between Tamlin (Beast) and Lucien (his Emissary). I loved Tamlin for being a ferocious, big, intimidating High Lord who when around Feyre (Beauty) is sweet, protective and loving. Lucien is the one who wasn't too fond of Feyre and was absolutely divine and funny. In the end they needed and helped each other out. I love the magical creatures, the story line, the adventure, the anticipation of what would happen next. I would definitely recommend this book. It's definitely one of my top reads for 2015. 

Nfinite Pages 

No comments:

Post a Comment